Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never encountered this. We got her at about. 8-10 weeks old from her mother and rest of her siblings. At first we thought she was just licking her site from getting spayed. Then it continued after she healed and we realized she was nursing on her own nipple.

It's a quiet household with only one other cat who is a 7 year old spayed female. The get along well. We've tried a post surgery body suit and she got out of it. We tried a cone, same deal.
I'm not opposed to a vet so much as I doubt they can do anything because it's most likely behavioral and it'll be alot of wasted money on a bunch of tests.

Anyone had experience with this and what did you do?

·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
If she's healed, have you tried putting something like Bitter Apple in the area? Most cats really hate that taste.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
My cat Fitty Pisky sucks just one of his nipples. He's done it since we got him at 4 mos. of age and he's over over 4-1/2 yrs. now, and still does it. He only does it when he's in my lap, purrs the whole time, and after 5 mins. or so stops, doesn't do it on my husband's lap or anyone else. I tried to stop it in the beginning, but to no avail, so I just let him be and ignore it. Yes, definitey behaviorial. Used to have a female that did the same, and another female that suckled on another cat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts