Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see the vet Thursday already, so I'm not too concerned, but...

Other than extraction, is there anything I can do for my kitten whose baby teeth are not falling out with the big teeth coming in? He's basically got two sets of fangs all over right now, though he seems to eat fine.

Just curious. If there are no problems with him eating (no weight loss included, and he gains properly), should we jsut leave it all alone?

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Shepherd Book overlapped for a little while. I noticed he had 2 sets on both upper fangs but a few days later the little ones were gone.

I'm not sure how long they were both in together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gandolf is sooooo miserable from it I just noticed. He's acting odd and off - just depressed. He also has a cone on from a declaw (kinda needed to for multiple reasons, not getting into it here), and is over the pain portion of that. We JUST gave him a dose of his pain meds (have 2 doses left), and he's acting MUCH more normal now. I may call the vet and see if we can see her before Thursday, just to see if the cone can come off yet and see if we can make the little guy happier... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. :)

We went to see the vet today, and she said everything looks semi-normal. His bottom canines are starting to get wiggly, tho the tops ones are solid. She says if it's the same way in a few weeks we'll worry. For now, she gave me more pain meds for him for when it's needed (enough for 20 days if I do constant dosing! I hope all the teething is gone by the time it's out... tho I won't do constant dosing of course).

But his cone is off and he is being mauled by Smudge (playful maulings), so they seem happy. :) Still worry a bit with the teeth, but I blame that on the pregnancy hormones. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts