Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may have been asked before, but what breed is the cat from fifth element? I am planning to buy my first kitten and that is the one I want. Also there's a cute picture going around of a cat with a fly on it's nose, most cat lover's would have seen it. Is that the same breed of cat?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Do you have a picture of the 5th element cat? It was a long time since I saw it so I can't remember the cat.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It's hard to say with only that picture. I can't tell by that picture. There's a fly in the way!!! :D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm going to guess and say British Shorthair. I'm guessing that because while searching for breeders of British Shorthairs, I see that they're often used in the movies. Plus those pictures on the site that firelightsj posted look very similar to Bean's Moby who is also a white British Shorthair.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It could be a domestic shorthair. I don't think it's a British shorthair, they have a broader face and a shorter nose. And they have more compact bodies.

It could be my moggies sister. They have the same look, just different colours.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Any color/breed of cat will make you very happy.

A shelter kitty would do just the same, and would also be much lighter on the pocket book! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all for the help

Yeh, you're right about a shelter cat, my family always had a minimum of two dogs and two cats in the house and they always came from the council drains or friends of friends. And they're always the most interesting pets, particularly the cats. People give cats away in the metro here, (Moscow) so I'll probably just pick one I like there.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was just about to ask if you were in Moscow Russia or Moscow, Idaho USA. Then I remembered that Moscow, Idaho doesn't have a metro... Good luck with the kitty search, 5th Element!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Get a shelter kitty!!! So much more variety. Anyway -- I think the one in the pic is an American Shorthair -- people train these for tv all the time and the body type and face looks right. Sol's right about British shorthairs -- they are much broader in the face with a more "cheshire cat" look. If it's not an ASH then it's a DSH. And adorable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts