Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to renew your license in the State of New Jersey you must be able to prove your id and address For each document you produce it is worth so many points. I understand what this is all about, but women have to show proof of any last name change and it has to be with a raised state seal. Believe me I am a poor record keeper and this will be a real pita. Is this just Jersey?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That sounds like a total PIA. I haven't renewed my license in PA in a few years, so I'm not sure what the requirements are, but here's a stupid red tape story for ya. My office mate had his license expire. To renew it past the expiration date, he needed his Social Security Card. Didn't have it. So he want to the SS Administration to get a new card. Guess what they asked for as ID? His Driver's License. Never once looking to notice it was expired.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think every state is different. When I moved from Michigan to Florida. I just went and got a new drivers license. I told them what my address was. They took a picture and bam.....new license. When I moved back to Michigan I thought it would be the same, but it wasn't. I had to prove I lived at the address with a bill, lease, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts