Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! My outside cat recently brought her kitten up to meet the family and after a few days we noticed something about him.. he has 6 toes on both of his front paws... I didn't think much of it at first but then I had several people tell me that it is becoming common(?!) If anyone could offer me any information I would appreciate it.

Krystal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I went outside and looked at him and he has 6 on each front paw and 5 on both back paws. You think he'll be ok as an outside cat?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Well no cat is really safe outside there are so many dangers.
If you are going to have him as an outside cat make sure he gets spayed/nutered, nutered cats get into less fights, less health problems, less likely to spray and the obvious dont add to the over population of cats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, it's really not a big deal.. We live way out in the country and have had outside cats well over 17 years. I don't advocate outside cats in the city and what not but our three outside cats have a wonderful life here that they wouldn't have in the city.. or animal shelter. I appreciate your concern though. :)

Thanks again!
Krystie

·
Registered
237 Posts
woo hoo another polydactyl kitty like tyson! tyson has 22 toes: 7,6,5,4 counting from front-right paw, counter-clockwise :D

show us pix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts