Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it just dawned on me today, I am the owner of 7 cats currently. Also a dog, two birds, a hamster, 2 kids, and a husband. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I really need to learn to say no!
The kittens will be going to new homes eventually (maybe.. :wink: )
Also the birds, whom were given to me by my grandpa, may find new homes eventually. I really dont get the whole bird thing. They are beutifull and they sing so sweet. Still how terrible is it to lock a bird in a cage! Also its kinda like fish, you cant pet them and love them. Maybe its just because I am a cat person. Still, I even can pet my hamster.
So are you ready for the best part? I bought my daughters an ant farm, with ants in it, for Christmas!!! Maybe one day I will learn.

(Oh yeah, I love the kittens and I really consider keeping at least one if not two of them, it is going to be so hard! If anyone wants a reminder of why you should get your cats spay or nuetered right away please contact me! If its a finacial thing I know some great links for finacial assistance with thease surgerys!!!)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
hehe when my cat had babies, which was an accident (my own stupid fault for not gettingher spayed soon enough, but shes been done now!) we were going to keep just 1 kitten, we ended up keeping 3! it was nearly 4, but we knew we could afford to, so right now i have 10 guinea pigs, 5 cats, 3 rabbits my tropical fish and 1 boyfriend!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I gave away the gerbils, the frogs, and all the other misc. pets. After getting cats, I didn't pay enough attention to the others.

Currently, I care for two cats and a tropical fish tank. The fish are a fun hobby that I've been doing for over 10 years, not to mention the cats love watching them. So it's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, Lilly. On the contrary - you have a great heart. I am happy for you and your new babies.
How did your children react to the ant farm? That must be so interesting. Seeing them dilligent little things work all the time! Good example for your kids!
I have never had fish before - I also don't like having pets in a prison but maybe it is different for fish than birds (?)
Anyways I find it interesting enough for me to start considering getting one - since Padunk and Zalensia mentioned it. It may be good for Frosty too ...but I want for the fish to be happy also :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a fish for a long time, 4 years. It was a beta fish. She was really neat, she would actually follow my finger around the bowl. I dont think fish mind cats as long as they cant get them out of the water.
I really do like the birds, I just dont think I have the time to take care of them how they should be, I think they need more attention than I give them. Also I have never had a bird so I am not really experienced with them.
As for the ant farm, it is still empty. (It is going to be a christmas gift)
The ants have to be ordered through the mail. I ordered them in October and am expecting them in soon. It takes a while I guess for them to be shipped. The kids dont know about the ant farm yet. When the ants come in I will surprise them. It should be really neat as long as none of them escape :eek:
I love all thease crazy critters in my house, I would be lost without them!

·
Registered
917 Posts
if the ants do escape, at least it will be something for all your kitties to do! ****

1 - 6 of 6 Posts