Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just adopted Kali on friday and she's 8 weeks old, and she's doing wonderfully!
The only thing I find a little strange is I have caught her 2 or 3 times now dragging her bum on the ground.
She has been dewormed, spayed and all her shots are up to date, she's eating normally, shes playful and hyper, and her poops are perfectly normal too, nothing watery or diarrhea like whichI have been watching carefully for since the first time I saw her do it.
Soooo I'm debating whether or not i'm just being a paraniod new mommy again or if I should take her to the vet? :fust eeek has anyone experianced this?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
since she's been dewormed i wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you think maybe they didn't get them all. the kitten i got was 20 weeks old even though he was received at 12 because they did two rounds of deworming, so you never know.

or maybe it's just itchy. i've seen one of my cats do it but she usually has a drier stool and one was stuck to her.

that by itself probably wouldn't make me alarmed, but keep an eye out for worms.

·
Registered
239 Posts
if it were my kitty I would take her to the vet asap as it sound's like she may be suffering with blocked anal glands which could become infected if not treated

it is very easy to treat by just gently squeezing the gland's to excrete the blockage, if you ask the vet to show & explain how it is done & you feel confident enough you could even unblock them yourself if the problem re occurred in the future.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
How long ago was she dewormed? It needs at least 2 sometimes 3 doses. The medication will kill live worms but not eggs, so they need another dose 2-3 weeks after the first by which time eggs will be hatched but not able to reproduce.

·
Banned
603 Posts
I was worried about this once so I took a sample in for the vet. There was nothing wrong. The vet said sometimes cats just have an itch that needs scrtached just like us. lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts