Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly I need help finding a vet in the Los Angeles/Ventura area who will take my cat today who is good and honest. Over the past two years I have gone nearly broke and I really need some help with this if anyone is able to offer it. I don't want to lose this guy, he means too much to me.

Thank you,
MNK

·
Super Moderator
27,172 Posts
A quick Google search resulted in quite a few places. This particular place seems to be caring and has several pay plans. I'm not endorsing it, I have no connection to the place, I was simply impressed with their mission statement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Through my network of friends and family, I managed to get connected with a vet. Sadly it was a flea treatment, frontline plus that made my cat sick. He is a compulsive licker, especially when something gets on his fur, and we have a full house right now that has made him especially more compulsive and he must have somehow ingested it. I did see him grooming once and rubbing behind his head with his paw, I discouraged it, but also didn't think he could reach far enough back.
The vet told me to give him activated charcoal, 50mg twice a day (AM/PM), along with Natren (probiotic for cats) to reintroduce beneficial bacteria. I hope this helps someone else who experiences this and I also sincerely hope this didn't cause any long term damage. This was not the first time he has had this treatment, but it is the first time he has had this reaction. Fipronil is nasty stuff apparently.

·
Super Moderator
27,172 Posts
I'm glad you're surrounded with good friends and family to help out. The licking issue is why I give my girls Comfortis when there is a flea problem. One pill, once a month. Your story may help someone else, so thank you for sharing. I hope he makes a complete recovery and is back to his old self soon.

Reactions: MNK
1 - 4 of 4 Posts