Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Yall my cat Blue Boy had be rushed to Emergency veterinary clinic. He was n severe pain I had no idea. He is Usually a happy healthy boy except he did have problems abscessed anal glands. I am really upset. I just hope that I can prevent it to happening again. One vet I called told me wait time would 8 hours. I am like he cant wait 8 hours. So I called another they said 1-2 hours. I opted that one but they immediately rushed him back and started working on him and said he was staged as Critical. Today since they go the blockage out . Hes eating on his on . They have him on iv fluids and still have the catheter in until his irine is clear again he still has blood in his urine. I sure hope they will be able to stabilize him so he can come home and eat and drink use litterbox on his own. All that to say I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and what I can expect? I assuming his diet will change. But I am hoppng help prevent this from happening again. I am missing my little boy.

· Registered
10 Posts
My male kitty who has now crossed the rainbow bridge had it at 7 years old and I took him to emergency vet middle of the night. They unblocked but he reblocked in a few hours so they suggested surgery where they redirected his urinary path so it was wider. He had crystals that would get like a paste and block the path. The surgery worked and he went on hills prescription urinary food and lived another 7 years. I did a lot of reading on it and I think it was because he was neutered so young - I got him from a rescue at 3 months old and he had already been neutered. What I read was his urinary path didn’t get to develop like it should since he was neutered so young so was thin. Hope all goes well for your baby

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My male kitty who has now crossed the rainbow bridge had it at 7 years old and I took him to emergency vet middle of the night. They unblocked but he reblocked in a few hours so they suggested surgery where they redirected his urinary path so it was wider. He had crystals that would get like a paste and block the path. The surgery worked and he went on hills prescription urinary food and lived another 7 years. I did a lot of reading on it and I think it was because he was neutered so young - I got him from a rescue at 3 months old and he had already been neutered. What I read was his urinary path didn’t get to develop like it should since he was neutered so young so was thin. Hope all goes well for your baby
Thanks reply he is doing good now. I figured out they like the Urinary diet made by royal canin the best. Still struggling he keeps going back where I kept the storage for his old food and sitting there waiting for me to get his old food. Its a big adjustment for him. Thanks for responding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts