Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today is a much better day. Baby has his vet appointement for his chin at 2:30 PM. Hoping to get some medication for his condition.

I got paid today from last month. It was only 20.00, but still it was like a gift from ceiling kitty! (lol!) I went to the vet and picked up a de-worming pill for Feathertail, it was Drontal 18.2gm since she's still pretty small for her age I think. Then I went to the store and bought some wet canned food, and a flea collar, and a small box of kitten chow.

When I returned home, I sat down infront of my kitty and poured some kitten chow in her bowl for her to eat. With her being so small and only eating regular kitty chow, I thought it was best to put her back on kitten chow; seeing as she's not passed 6 months. I let her eat for a few minutes, then administered her pill. She fought me for it; I got knicked once but she took the pill anyway. I let her finish eating then put the flea collar on her as a procaution!

She seemed really happy after words and gave me much loving, shes passed out on the couch next to me poor little dear. I think she'll be much better now!

Now for the fun part. Taking Baby to the vet in about 2 hours. Lol! I hope it's nothing serious! I know they can get acne from drinking out of plastic bowls, which he does have, but whats bothering him isn't acne thats for sure. Hope all goes well, I'll keep you all posted. :)

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it's like my friend suggested, Baby had a severe case of cat acne. The vet asked me what he was feeding him, I told him meox mix, but I forgot that I just started giving him meox mix, I've been feeding him an off brand kitty chow.

Well he told me to change his food, and to look for a chow that also promotes good bladder health. I'll look into that when I get paid again. I'm going to feed him canned food and a little bit of dry mixed together, I want to goto an all canned food diet if possible. As for the kitten, I have her on a mix of wet/kitten chow for now.

So I have to keep his chin clean with peroxide/acne pads. The vet gave me Clindamycin Oral Liquid gel for him. He said his chin should start looking better within he next week-2 weeks. I guess it's true what they say about your furry friends, they can take after you in so many ways...

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, he does not like me touching his chin, put I washed with with a cotton pad with some dawn soap/warm water. I have to go out and get peroxide. We have rubbing alcohol but I know better. So he fought me a little tonight, but he tooks his medicine and now he's passed out. I'm just happy it wasnt anything horrid.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, it's like my friend suggested, Baby had a severe case of cat acne. The vet asked me what he was feeding him, I told him meox mix, but I forgot that I just started giving him meox mix, I've been feeding him an off brand kitty chow.

Well he told me to change his food, and to look for a chow that also promotes good bladder health. I'll look into that when I get paid again. I'm going to feed him canned food and a little bit of dry mixed together, I want to goto an all canned food diet if possible. As for the kitten, I have her on a mix of wet/kitten chow for now.

So I have to keep his chin clean with peroxide/acne pads. The vet gave me Clindamycin Oral Liquid gel for him. He said his chin should start looking better within he next week-2 weeks. I guess it's true what they say about your furry friends, they can take after you in so many ways...
There is, IMO, no dry food that is going to promote bladder health. Have you read Feeding Your Cat: Know The Basis of Feline Nutrition ? Any wet food, no matter what the quality, is better than the highest quality dry food. If you want to make sure that he gets as much water as possible you can make wet food soup by adding extra water to the wet food and mixing it up.

Make sure that you aren't mixing dry and wet together as that is going to cause exponential bacteria growth. If you have to feed dry you need to feed it seperatly from the wet food.

Feline acne is also caused by too much of a certain "bad" bacteria in a cats stomach. There are probiotics such as Holistic Select - Digestive Aid - Holistic Transition that can help replace the good bacteria.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, he's so used to dry food though, its going to be hard getting him to eat canned. I'm trying to transition him over slowly. He's been eating dry for 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts