Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes someone will get irked at our Mods because they do something that someone doesn't understand at the time...

I know our Mods have to do a lot of reading...Like All of The Threads!!
They don't really get paid anything, other than a very small pittance for what they have to do!

I'm happy this Forum has the Caliber of Mods it has!
Since we can have children visit us, it's nice for a parent to know, that we have a "Clean" site!

It's my understanding, that there are forums that are horrible...for various reasons...

Our Mods can't respond personally to every post they've moved or deleted something in...
But I have certainly found, that if I send a respectful inquiry...
I will always get an answer!!
This is the first forum I've ever joined, so I wanted and needed to know, what I did wrong or oopsied!

So anyway...Thank You All Mods for what you do here to make this an enjoyable Forum!!

·
Super Moderator
26,393 Posts
Awwww, thanks, Sharon.

They don't really get paid anything, other than a very small pittance for what they have to do!
We don't get paid at all. We jump on here when we can. Lisa and I also work full-time. She's her own boss (so she works more than full-time), so during the day, I can only sneak on.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I used to belong to a cooking forum - a COOKING forum, and the language was astonishingly awful. Dropped it.
I used to belong to a political forum - what was I thinking??, it was horrid what people say to you when they are anonymous (which in my opinion equals cowardice). Dropped it.

This is my only active forum. It's clean, it's respectful and it's a pleasure to visit here for advice, guidance and camaraderie. Ditto the thank you's!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Same here, thank you lots! ^_^ i've only ever been on one forum, that was meant for kids!!!, and it was terrible. So many words kids shouldnt see much less say :l

So thank you mods! ^_^ i really love this forum lots

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would like to echo what others have said.
I love this forum and can't imagine the work that goes into it!
Thank you guys for all you do!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Forum moderators really have a huge responsibilty - and it's entirely on a volunteer basis. marie and doodlebug (is there another moderator?), you do an amazing job.

Well, just to keep you busy, let's see if I can do this:

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Well...thanks all. Fortunately we have great members who want to keep this a nice place to be.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I used to belong to a cooking forum - a COOKING forum
First read this as a "cookie forum" and was thinking.... mother of god why am I not a member of this? Then I reread it as cooking... was a little disappointed.

Thanks, mods!:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I need to add my thanks. The forum reads fine, it's clean, I don't see any spam, and people are nice to each other.

At the same time there is no going overboard here like "Television without pity" moderators did, where people were banned for mistakes in English punctuation. Here we have just the right amount of moderation.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
people were banned for mistakes in English punctuation.
But there are times I really want to! Especially when someone writes a wall of text with no paragraphs and no capital letters in pink font! :lol:

·
Registered
828 Posts
I would send you all cookies, but I don't know how to bake. I'll just say thanks for all you do and sorry for all of the mistakes I've made in the past.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts