Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday was my birthday and I was having a pretty good day. Took a day off from work, went to a movie, renewed my driver's license, bought toys at Petco, tried to take a nap, got a massage...it was a good day.

Then I got home last night with the following agenda:
Feed the boys
Feed Kitty
Put on the ringworm clothes
Clean foster litterboxes
Medicate foster mom cat
Lotramin foster kitties
Change out of ringworm clothes
Watch a movie

Well, I was trying to hurry through the list so that I could watch a movie and relax...the foster duties normally take at least an hour though...so I wasn't sure I'd make it. I had just put on my ringworm clothes and was on my way into the foster room when I happened to glance at the stairs. While I was in Kitty's room giving her dinner and scooping her box, someone...I'm thinking Tre or Kota, threw up on my stairs. All of their dinner. And not just one stair either. They had managed to puke huge piles on 4 different stairs as well as splattering the wall (up about 6 inches) with tons of puke. As I went downstairs to get the carpet cleaner (after changing back out of ringworm clothes into regular ones), I realized that the puker had also managed to dribble on 6 different stairs on their way down. What a mess! I've never SEEN so much throw up. YUCK. It took me an hour to clean it all up.

I told my mom (who was at my house) that someone had thrown up on the stairs (expecting an "Oh no" or "Do you need help cleaning it up?" or SOMETHING), she said, "I'm glad you told me! I might have stepped in it". I was a little annoyed. She followed that with a "Do they do this alot?" She doesn't really like my cats.

I think it was Kota or Tre because it was so much puke. Thomas gets straight wet food. Kota and Tre get wet food with 1/4 cup of water mixed in. So...given the volume, I am thinking it was one of them. I wish I knew why it happened...I gave everybody hairball medicine immediately after cleaning up...so hopefully it won't happen again anytime soon.

Kota and Tre were cute with the hairball medicine...they fought over it. :)

I just had to share...it was an experience that made my birthday quite memorable. :roll:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Sorry you had to go through that, with your mom dissin' your kitties and not helping.

Did you finally get to relax and watch your movie?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it took me an hour to clean up the puke. By the time I had changed clothes again and done the kittens it was 10:45. Then I had to clean the carpet cleaner (another half hour). I didn't think it was a good idea to start a movie at 11:15...considering I had to go to work in the morning.

Oh well...such is life with cats.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

I know just where you're coming from. There was one day a couple months ago where I was doing some sort of work in the house and I was exhausted. I just made dinner and went to sit down to eat and Maggie brought up her dinner. I decided I was eating before dealing with it and before I knew it, Holly brought up hers. I was just waiting for Kobi to start. Then the two of them started pestering me because they were hungry :roll:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday to you. Perhaps the pukie was the kitties way of giving you a present?

I'm sorry that your Mom was less sympathetic. She doesn't know what she is missing (well, after the stairs incident, maybe she does).

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Even though she loves my cats, my mother would have had the same response. When it comes to the yucky stuff I'm on my own. On the other hand, my father will often clean it up, especially if I'm not home and even sometimes when I am.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I'm so sorry you had such a busy birthday and essentially, no fun. I think you should choose another day and have a ball.

I don't really expect anyone else to clean up after my cats if they throw up. I wouldn't want to do it for someone else's pet...unless I was working in a shelter, or the cat was a stray or feral I was helping. I can imagine how upset you were at the time though. :(

I broke my sister's nervous little dog of weeing every time she was called. But that was my idea. I felt sorry for the sweet little thing.

Have another birthday, and make it a great one! :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't really expect her to offer to help...just a little sympathy would have been nice...you know?

Oh well, it was a great birthday right up until that point...then it kind of went downhill fast. :)

Really wish I knew who puked though. :) They should get an award. :roll:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Happy belated birthday! Sorry it wasn't such a fun day for you, and that your mom annoyed you! I would have been a little annoyed with that too. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I understand what it's like to have relatives turn their noses up at your pets, Kitty's Mom. My sister and SIL hated cats and made sure they said something derogatory every time they visited. BUt my mother loved them, so that made up for it somewhat. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts