Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check out this challenge:
http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=54680#54680

Our total number of "clicks" for food is embarrassingly low for this many members. Would you join me in this challenge? I'll count you all as two people and I'll PM 3 more. Fair enough? Will you help? It costs nothing at all.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
P.S. At the suggestion of jonsgirl, I added a link to my sig. She thinks we should ask everyone to add a link to their sig so it's really hard to miss.

What do you think? :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Already have a link in my signature... I am going to get to work on pm some members. :D

Ok so far I PM Heather10.... :? you know who I mean right? As well as Bug and Strawberries.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a link in mine for a long time; so has catman. Let's make this challenge to take the numbers up, (to bring attention to the site) and then conclude with asking everyone to add a link to their signature. No matter what we do, we have to post a reminder on occasion. :)

There are some nice items at a fairly reasonable price (and some sales). Has anyone ever bought anything? I haven't tried anything yet.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James, everyone respects you. I sent a PM to people I barely know. Don't you know you're special? :) Of course you should not do anything you don't feel comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The total of members "clicking" at the sticky could have been done by only one person, because that sticky has been there siince last summer. I am hoping that many people will click daily so that new people will see a total of "hits' so high that they check out the sticky.

Of course the important thing is that the animals get the food, not that the site record be high. However, we have to get them started, so please click here for now, not at home. I have not missed many days here at the site, only when I was in the hospital or recovering, so I might be the only one clicking here on a regular basis. I'm afraid that people are just ignoring the sticky. That's why I want to bring it to everyone's attentioin. After I post, I usually see a few more hits, but that is not sufficient to make an appreciable difference. Yet, how many of our members would turn down a hungry animal?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am a little confused... Do you mean the sticky in the cat chat? How can you tell if people are clicking through there?

I recive an everyday email reminder, so I usually click from there. I will however start clicking from the sticky of course if it brings recognition to the forum. :D

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The sticky is in the Lounge. Just looking at the number of people who have viewed the site will tell us how many people have clicked! The idea is to show people that the Animal Rescue site is a popular site, so that more people will go there and get food for the animals. It's not for the sake of the forum. This is a challenge to attract new people to the sticky. Hopefully they will enjoy watching the numbers go up! I check it every day, and, as I said, not many people click. Some few are using it as a home page, however.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
OK, so there are two links that essentially take us to the same place and do the same thing:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi- ... DSites.woa

and

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

The first is the link that's located in the sticky in the lounge. That's the one Jeanie has been encouraging us to click, and I'm assuming where she gets her numbers from. For the longest time I would just click the link in someone's sig rather than seek out the sticky. I believe that's what many other members are doing.

I changed the link in my sig from the second link to the first. That way if someone goes to the site that way, the hit is counted. That is, if I understand the situation.

If that is the case, we should all probably change the link in our sigs to first address. If you wish to change the sig line, here is the code:

Code:
[url=http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa] Animal Rescue Site[/url]

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Well, I changed my link, I hope. I'm not very computer-saavy. :roll:
I also have a link to site dedicated to helping the big cats. Same type thing, click every day and help the endangered big cats.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I'm afraid that doesn't work. You have to go to the lounge and click at the sticky. That's the only way the count will go up. I thought I told everyone to go to the sticky, but I don't think I made it clear. Right now we have the equivalent of ONE person clicking every day for a year.

Well, the animals are getting fed, and that's more important. I just think people like to watch the numbers go up. That would be an incentive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts