Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Last night my brother asked if it would be ok for his gf to bring her corgi with her to spend the night this coming Friday. Our guys are very anti-social with most people. We have never had an encounter with another animal, except a mouse inside the house, and that never goes well for the mouse :lol: They have met the cats from next door while outside, and that doesn't go over well at all 8O .

My brother says that the dog is not a yapper and will be in a carrier. If they can get the dog into the basement without my guys seeing it, do you think they will still freak out? I don't want them to feel unsafe in their house, just because I am doing a favor for my brother's gf. Any advice would be appreciated. I doubt they will ever see the dog again *hopefully*. It is not that I am a dog hater, far from the truth, it is just that I know my guys and I am trying to prevent this from being ugly. It would be great if they could meet and be friends, but I seriously doubt that will be the case. Should my guys know about the dog being in the basement, or not? Will they go nuts the next time they are in the basement? How do I minimize the bad kharma?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
They will be able to smell him I expect. I doubt they would go nuts down there once he is gone. Best thing to do is keep them seperate, the corgi could seriously injure your cats and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Once we went to visit my parents in law (for few days - and the cats love it there!) and my brother in law brought his small dog. Belive it or not, the cats scared the dog (the cats were about 6 months old only) and the dog was hiding most of the times. I couldn't belive how brave our cats are! :) I'm sure your kittties will be fine, especially if the dog is in the carrier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts