Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sky looked really neat tonight, so I snapped a couple shots with the digital.

Chris

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda strange how the colors are so different. The pics really don't capture how cool it looked either. I still gave it a shot though. The top one is closest to the color the sky actually was.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Misery said:
Kinda strange how the colors are so different. The pics really don't capture how cool it looked either. I still gave it a shot though. The top one is closest to the color the sky actually was.
I assumed it was a color change, and thought it was great that you'd captured it! For me it often starts out orangish and deepens to pinkish purple as the sun get lower. Anyway, still lovely pics. You ought to take a little credit!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was trying to mess with the ISO settings. One was on Auto and the other was low light, I think. The color would change just by moving the camera down or up. I was trying to get a shot that included the horizon, since that was very bright and yellowish red. You can see that in the bottom pic.

Chris

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice! That kind of reminds me of this picture I took my sophomore year of college (it's a scan, so it doesn't look as good on a computer - but you get the idea)

Sometimes the sky does some cool things :)

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
That's beautiful! Can you imagine how we'd react to the Aurora Borealis? Once, when I was very young, there were golden brown wavy streaks across the night sky--not twilight, but perhaps 10 p.m., and people were calling the tv stations. Some people thought it was the end of the world! Perhaps Cyberpet has seen it; she lives in Sweden. It's rare for it to be seen in the lower 48.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
After saying it was rarely seen in the lower 48, I found this picture taken in Mead, Washington! :) So, I should have limited that to PA, which is all I really know about! :oops:

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's absolutely breathtaking when you think about the beatuy of creation.

We (well, I) take too much for granted.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some people were talking about the Northern Lights last night. I guess it was easy to see in Washington state! So if any of you live up in that area, you should try looking tonight.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
How beautiful! All of the pictures. I must agree with stormy - it looks like the sky IS on fire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts