Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obviously this guy ties flies for fly fishing. The tool he uses for the thread is simular to a Rites Bobbin. I fly fish but dont tie flies. So if anyone else know exactly what he uses for the string Id be interested. I think he should of used a thicker string to drag the toy but it looks like a fun project.

How to make the best cat toy on earth - YouTube

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like the wall boxes, not a fan of the "house" though. Wouldn't like my cat hiding in it and never seeing him.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The house thing seems more like it is for people, not for a cat. There is a reason that cat trees are shaped and designed the way they are. A cat can pretty much sleep anywhere, though height is very much appreciated by many. However, a cat tree often provides an outlet for scratching and climbing. While not as pretty, I think this doll house concept is much more cat friendly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYi4H6j8Hts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the tallest one of 4 cardboard box cat condos I made for the two new cats I adopted a few weeks ago it gives them access to a very high wall shelf. I bought the boxes and tape from UHaul and then used some white paint I had at home to paint it and then drew on it with a jumbo marker I picked up at the dollar store. The 4 I made ended up costing me about $25 each and range in size from 3 boxes to 8 boxes.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That's pretty cool, I like your drawings. It doesn't sound like it would be very sturdy if the cat were at the top, is it?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! I wanted something nice for the cats but on a budget. Eventually I will build some cat trees out of wood that are more permanent but the box condos are working very well for now.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our cateo is done. My honey was the brains of the project. :cool I just did grunt work like paint, staple screens, sweep up and bring him beers. :???: I have a couple cat projects in the wings. Need to get past the holidays and then tackle them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts