Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you chocolate peanut butter cup lovers.

Ingredients-
• 2 peanut butter cups, Reese's or any brand you prefer. The white chocolate ones are best. :wink:
• 1 scoop of good vanilla ice cream

Using a cleaver or chef's knife, cut up the peanut butter cups into little pieces. Put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle of a bowl. Sprinkle your chopped peanut butter cups over the ice cream. Optionally, drizzle with Bailey's Irish Cream.
Serve with a small glass of Bailey's Irish Cream on the side.

Enjoy.

Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Even easier? Buy Reeses Cup ice cream! :D

Love the Bailey's addition - you know Heidi will be all over this! Drizzle and on the side! :lol:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing about the Reese's Cup ice cream is they use the "standard" milk chocolate cups, and generic vanilla ice cream.
The white chocolate cups and really good vanilla ice cream, with specks of vanilla bean in it, make a big difference. :wink:
To me, the Bailey's is mandatory. :lol: :eek:rcat

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
You're absolutely right! I love really good vanilla bean ice cream! Haven't tried the white Reese's cups yet. I'm hooked on enough bad things... 8O

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I've made a correction that'll mean it's much much nicer.

For you chocolate peanut butter cup lovers.

Ingredients-
• 2 peanut butter cups, Reese's or any brand you prefer. The white chocolate ones are best. :wink:
• 1 scoop of good vanilla ice cream

Using a cleaver or chef's knife, cut up the peanut butter cups into little pieces. Put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle of a bowl. Sprinkle your chopped peanut butter cups over the ice cream. Always drizzle with Bailey's Irish Cream.
Serve with a large glass of Bailey's Irish Cream on the side.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Most excellent change! :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
It's 5:30 am as I read this and I want to run out and get Reese's PB cups so that I can make this dessert. I have all of the other ingredients :wink: .

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mmmm Reese's are my favorite. We can only get them in one overpriced foreign store here and they don't always have them! I make my mom send me loads of the Christmas tree and Easter egg shaped ones when they're out! Haha

BTW I looove Moosetrack Ice Cream...it's got the cups in it already! So delicious. John, you're terrible, making me want to go out and buy some. I was JUST about to work out, but decided to check CF first...now I'll be working out and dreaming of perfect, delicious, creamy peanut butter cups the entire time! :roll:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I am a MAJOR chocolate and peanut butter FREAK! Is there really any other food group besides chocolate and peanut butter?

If you want a great icecream to calm that chocolate and peanut butter craving...........try Edy's Loaded Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup!

YUM! :jump

It ranks right up there with my other fave, Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby! :worship

Hubby made some really awesome peanut butter cookies this weekend too.......they were (and I stress the word "WERE") really peanut buttery and rich! I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
OwnedByACat said:
I am a MAJOR chocolate and peanut butter FREAK! Is there really any other food group besides chocolate and peanut butter?
Same here! I could live on chocolate and peanut butter for the rest of my life.

OwnedByACat said:
Hubby made some really awesome peanut butter cookies this weekend too.......they were (and I stress the word "WERE") really peanut buttery and rich! I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.
*raises hand and waves it wildly* Oooh, ooooh! Me, me!! I'd love that recipe. In addition to chocolate and peanut butter being the only thing I'd eat for the rest of my life, peanut butter cookies rank up there, too.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Here's an easier one. It's good, but better with little parasols. It's call "A Rising Sun." We get it when we go to a great Japanese steak house. It looks so good with :

French Vanilla Ice Cream
Plum Wine (Japanese)
A tiny parasol.

Just pour some of the wine over the ice cream, and add the parasol. :) Mmmmm. It tastes innocent, and hopefully is not too much of a bad influence. I'm trying to straighten out Marie and Maria. :wink:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
my3kitties said:
OwnedByACat said:
*raises hand and waves it wildly* Oooh, ooooh! Me, me!! I'd love that recipe. In addition to chocolate and peanut butter being the only thing I'd eat for the rest of my life, peanut butter cookies rank up there, too.
Surely! I'll ask hubby to tell me which recipe it is when he gets home, and then I'll post it for you. They really were very yummy, you'll love them! :D

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't wait for the recipe, Geri!

Where can I get Japanese plum wine, Jeanie? I haven't been able to find any in G'ville. Maybe I'll have to drive to Huntsville...:eek:rcat

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
marie73 said:
Love the Bailey's addition - you know Heidi will be all over this! Drizzle and on the side! :lol:
What a timely post! I've just bought the first of my winter bottles of Bailey's this past weekend. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts