Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

My name is Christiane, and I'm a 24 yo who lives in Philadelphia with a handsome 5 yo fluffy orange monster otherwise known as Anderson. He's been with me a little over a year, a permanent addition to my family after I found myself visiting him at PAWS biweekly (I still don't know how nobody adopted him before I did - he is really is the perfect gentleman). My roommate and I suspect he's at least a little Siberian - his fur is super soft but doesn't set off my allergies, and he has the confidence of a dog.

I love taking his picture

Recently we've been going through a major scare. It started with me having this nagging feeling that something was a little off (a cat who usually runs around and eats like a horse spending a little more time sleeping and eating a little more delicately), but he seemed to be doing a bit better when I took him into the vet. The vet said he looked fine, concluded he wanted to get in a couple vaccinations while we were there, and I felt really relieved. Except the post-vaccination lethargy stretched out into the next day, and within 24 hours he was refusing all food and turning yellow.

For someone whose previous cats had never even had a health hiccup, this has been terrifying. Thankfully liver/lymph node aspirations came back negative for cancers, and I'm scheduled to pick Anderson up from the ER (with the unfortunate albeit necessary addition of a feeding tube) this evening.

Like I'm sure everyone can imagine, I've spent the last couple weeks googling in a panic! Reading some of the conversations in these forums has really made me feel better throughout the experience, and now that we have a hesitant prognosis of cholangiohepatitis (neutrophilic) I figure this might be a valuable resource for getting him back to the 12lb love bug I have the pleasure to know and love.

Sorry this hello is so long winded!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Somehow I missed your post. Anyhow I hope you get Anderson back up to his 12 lbs. quickly. Is the feeding tube coming out soon? How did the poor guy end up with it? I'm afraid I don't know anything about cholangiohepatitis - is he expected to make a full recovery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.