Cat Forum banner

A kitty? For me?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Annissa 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum. I'm actually a moderator at dogomania.com so as you can imagine I know lots about dogs. I know nothing about cats, though, and I'm supposed to be getting a kitten tomorrow. My friend's cat had kittens (I know, I know. I gave him a really hard time about not having his cat spayed) and since the kittens are already here I decided to take one so that it can have a good home.

Any suggestions about making kitty's transition easier? I have dogs :shock: but I'm planning on making a kitty room in my house so that she has a safe place to go from them. I don't think they are fond of cats, but I think they may react a little differently with a kitten. Of course, I'd never put kitty in a situation where she would get hurt.

What kind of stuff will I need? And how soon can I get her spayed? Thanks!
(whew, I didn't intend for my first post to be so long :lol: )

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm really bad at taking pictures, but here is one of her. If it doesn't work then it's in my photo gallery. Thanks for the additional info, I'm sure it will come in handy as I learn more about cat ownership.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the information. Kali seems to be settling in well. She's very curious and bold spirited. Right now she's attacking the chair legs. :lol:
I'm sure I'll have more questions in time. I'm loving her already! ::))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.