Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when it was raining, Arianwen was playing around in the house, pouncing on everything, including me. :lol: Then she went into the bathroom and yelled,"Come!", pretty loud. I thought she was in some kind of trouble so I jumped up and went to see what she wanted.
She was in the bathtub/shower standing up and patting her hands rapid-fire on the place where the water from the showerhead hits. She looked intently, pointing at the window, where you can clearly hear the rain, then intently pointing at the shower head, and back again, while rat-a-tat-tat on the inside of the tub enclosure.
She was saying,"The rain is just like the shower!". Anyway, I think that's what she was saying. It was raining pretty hard and the noise of the rain was loud in the bathroom, so maybe she meant the rain was coming down as hard as water from the shower. :wink:

My sweet, smart kitta likes to tell me what's on her mind. I love the way she figures out how to make herself understood. :heart :heart

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's wonderful, Lea-Ann. She truly is my friend, and I know she feels the same way about me.
It's rare to have such a connection with a kitta, where you can converse with them, even about the simplest things. :heart :heart

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
That's a little scary John. I don't believe in reincarnation, but a story like that almost gives me pause. I've thought the same about Rocket -- sometimes it seems there's more than just a cat in there. 8O

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Arianwen is a soul on her way around the karmic wheel, so be it. She has found love here, if love is what she needed. :luv

I don't think it's scary, Tim. It is what it is. :wink: If she's a smart kitta, that's fine. If she has the soul of someone's great-great-great- x100 grandmother that's okay, too. :)

I think it's more likely that she is just your "basic" above-average kitty. She survived a lot of very hard times, and had a lot of bad experiences before coming into my home. I think in those situations you're either a smart kitty or you're a kitty that didn't survive. :cry:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
I still think it's scary. What if I'm feeding cat food to Einstein? I'm bound to get punished for that. Maybe I'll be sent back as a cat that gets declawed and forced to eat Meow Mix. :lol:

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Cheap cat food probably already HAS mice in it, along with rats, cats, dogs, mad cows, road kill, chicken beaks and feet, etc etc ....

(notice I left out the brand name.....I wouldn't want Dan to get sued) :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Arianwen sounds like a remarkeble angel.
If you pay attention to your pet they will amaze you with how fast they can train us. Duchess "tells" me when her litter box needs to be cleaned. She will sit down outside the bathroom and look at me and meow. She has a special meow for "clean this this out". She has another meow for the food bowl is getting low, another for get up, it's time for breakfast. She knows when I've had a bad day and snuggles a bit more and longer those days. My life would be a lot less bright without my Duchess.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
I wish I could understand my cats that well. Unfortunately, with three cats, and each cat communicating with me in a different way, it gets confusing. I think I'm better at reading their body language than their vocalizations. Cat body language is pretty consistent from cat to cat, whereas their vocalizations have such a wide variety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts