Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an RN, work in labour and birth, and my husband is a cartoonist/illustrator, works from home, and after fostering two kitties in Toronto before we moved to Nova Scotia we decided--well, fell into, more like--to add some furballs to our family this year....so Wicket and Atlas are both new to us, and we lucked out, they have absolutely fabulous personalities! Glad to have a forum in which to discuss and share and learn--the last time I had cats was as a teen, and we always lived on an acreage so we mostly had barn cats or outdoor cats who slept with our dogs. My family has a loooooong history of adopting strays and rescues, even if only to foster until a permanent home can be found, and strays always seemed to show up at our house randomly. My Dad even brought home prairie dogs as a child in Alberta, and they bred in the shed and then got out in droves and ruined the neighborhood!
:p

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Working in labour and delivery must be a fun job...with a sad side to it upon occasion, I imagine. I'm originally from England and, when we were there, my Mom worked as a midwife. She had to find a new profession when we came to Canada, since midwifery at that time was not accepted here. She missed it a lot.

And a cartoonist sounds like a fun job too! Glad to hear you lucked out with Wicket and Atlas...they will provide you with a lot of fun and love in the years to come.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love L & D, I lucked into it at the beginning of my career and I don't see myself ever doing anything else. I was at my sister's homebirth of her daughter in February, though, and I think I might go back to midwifery school after we have a baby of our own! But it is definitely difficult for midwives even now--I worked with them in Ontario and they had hospital privileges etc. but here in NS there has been a slow start and its' not really an option for most women yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts