Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's been awhile since I've posted in here - things have been hectic and crazy once again. Due to a slight communication issue, I had to reschedule Apollo's surgery to tomorrow. Late or not, yay!

Before the update - Apollo tips over his water bowl constantly. I've spent a few dollars on several different types of bowls and he still manages to knock them over and spill water everywhere. He plays in it, paws it around, then goes about his business. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I need to just get him one of the water fountains for his water dish. He looooves drinking water out of the faucets in the bathroom and kitchen. Anyhow - I'm worried about the linoleum in my kitchen, I don't want the water to get in underneath it.. And there's enough of it, no matter how often I soak the water up, he goes right back behind me and knocks it over. Suggestions?

So, for his little update, Apollo has been slowly getting better - he is still attacking me, and on occasion it has been bad enough that he draws blood and the scratches and gashes do swell up and bruise a bit, this is only happening about once a weekish now. I think he finally has the idea that it hurts and he gets NOTHING good out of it. Now, he's started running up to me, giving me a "lovebite" and running off. Even his lovebites are a little painful since he takes small nips and catches a small chunk of skin, lol.

His aggression is nowhere near gone, and I still believe we have a lot of work to do, but I feel 90% better to see a real change in his behavior, finally.

Surprisingly enough, he has turned into a ham. He still has his moments where he wants nothing to do with me, but when he does want to be close to me for pets, holy jeez he eats it up. He was never much of a kneader as a kitten, but the past month, to my excitement, he will pounce on me and start kneading and roll around on my chest with his head on my shoulder and purr and purr and purr.. I mean, this is something I'd never witnessed him doing and it's just so adorable since he's such a big boy now, haha.

I have decided to NOT take him back out on his harness for a walk, until he heals from his surgery. He wants to go out, but I just think it's too much for both of us at this point. I can't willingly give him something enjoyable when he's just going to flip out for hours once I take him back in.

Anyhow, we still have a lot of work to do, but I am so happy to have him in my life now! Before, I would break down in tears over his behavior, and I found myself with a growing resentment towards him - which was unfair and not really his fault, mind you.

I can only hope once he gets neutered and gets back to normal that he will a happier, lovable kitty. :]

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
It's great that you've hung in there with all his biting, some folks wouldn't have put up with it as long as you have. There may be less biting after he gets neutered. I certainly hope so for your sake. Biting is often just immaturity when he's in those bratty teenage months. Now that he's a big boy, he may very well mellow out even more and be more affectionate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts