Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,572 Posts
One of the strays here used to meow/cry all the time, driving us crazy, and her feeder told me it'd been like that forever. Then this stray changed feeding stations and has been eating at mine for a few months. She hardly ever meouws like that anymore. I attribute it to the fact that I linger for a long time while they eat and after, give treats now and then, and there are a lot of cats all together just lounging around, kind of a community, so she's not as scared or lonely and doesn't feel like she has to meow desperately for attention. Just a thought: maybe your cat will unlearn the need to constantly meouw for his life... I also play with her a lot with Da Bird (it's the interaction with us they love when playing with wand toys, that's what calms them down).

· Registered
2,572 Posts
I find with my cats that reassurance goes a long way, even more than attention. What makes a stray or former stray feel reassured is very individual. Just one example - my most recent adoption has improved her behavior enormeously and I see that one of the things that cause the advancement is sessions where I just lie on the floor next to her doing nothing.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Be careful what you wish for, my 3 former strays were totally speechless for the first couple months, now I wish they'd shut up sometimes! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.