Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy things happen to me so much that my friends have dubbed them Merry moments.

I was outside on my screened in porch, in the dark, getting my cats to come back in so I could go to bed. They love to sit in the dark and watch what is going on outside. (Which we, as humans, can’t see.) It was an over cast, pitch-dark night. I heard a large dog crunching in the gravel of my yard slowly coming near the screened in porch. I could tell from the sound of the footsteps it was a large tired dog. I figured some retired person's old dog got loose and then lost. I called him to keep him there. Then I raced thru the house and to the garage service door. I wanted to get him to come into my garage so I could keep him there till the morning and look for his owner. I turned on the light and quickly swung opened the service door of my garage. There waiting, 5 feet from me was a big ole javalina! Looking straight on at me. It startled me to death. He was huge and alone. They usually travel in packs. He must have been tired and lost from his companions. I closed the door quickly. Then started laughing.

Marie thought I should share the javalina story with you guys. I spelled javalina – havalena. She had to go look up what that was. Yes another Merry moment! I can’t spell either! As everyone knows from my posts! Oy

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I've never heard of a javalina! What a weird looking little guy. At first I thought it was a wild boar. I guess in Arizona you're used to seeing all kinds of unusual wildlife?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I though it was a wild boar,too
beautiful animal,have to google javalina

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Thank goodness you realized what he was BFORE you let him in the garage for the night! You know that he went back to his pack telling them it was a typical moment for him too :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
I think I would have to start buying Depends if I lived in your area! 8O

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Awe, it's cute, but I too thought it was a baby boar. Wouldn't want to see it in my yard!

Merry Moments.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've never seen one of those before. I bet he wouldn't have been happy as a guest in your garage :eek:

It reminds me of an episode in Little House in the Big Woods, where Ma goes out in the dark to do the milking, and mistakes a bear for the family cow! :lol:

seashell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts