Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's neat, kriskd. :) I'll be sure to visit soon and give your site the best rating I can. ;) Have a good day everyone. :) I just realized I posted this on the 'everything not related to cats' section. Oops :oops: sorry. Take care and talk to you soon :)

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Dan, I moved these here for you to decide on, but I have already pm'd Blue Animal and explained that the rules don't allow listing other cat forums on this one.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Once a member started her own site (Nina, who used to post here) at the cat site in her signature, and we mods thought that took a heck of a lot of nerve! If I had been the webmaster I would have asked her politely to remove it. The rule over there is that if it's in your signature it's ok. The members of the Cat Arena put it in their signature and post on occasion, and the mods don't like it, but Anne said that's ok. For example, kriskd is advertising Kitty Cam, her business, in her signature, and is asking for donations when you open the site to look at the cats. She's a regular poster, but I wouldn't have the nerve to use someone else's business to promote my own. (unless I had permission)

I don't like it when people post once, asking for donations to their favorite causes (the rescues they're caring for, etc.) and never return. However, at TCS, the pages turn so fast that those things fall off the page in a day. TCS has over 5,000 members. They can afford to be that charitable. We're young and growing, and IMO, should not allow people to blatantly promote another site. Blue Animal felt foolish for doing it, and apologized. She's very understanding.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
good points jeanie....

i let the kitty cam promos go..... she could at least link back to the site.

i would never spam another site. i have the same policy regarding sig links that **********.com has. i think that is fair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts