Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I thought I might introduce myself in a bit more detail here.
So I'm Mandy, and I'm 23. I live in North East England, near Newcastle, so I'm a Geordie girl (think Cheryl Cole). I have a boyfriend who I have been with for a year and a half now, and currently working in my local cinema. I left uni with a psychology degree in 2009 and now I'm just figuring out how I can actually use it!! I'd like to go into the mental health field, and was considering becoming a clinical psychologist but I don't yet have the experience I need to progress, though it's still in the back of my mind. I am just starting a volunteer role for a mental health charity, to help with the drop in and other sessions, and I hope to get some training in various areas, like CBT etc. I also have a counselling qualification, and I've done voluntary work with young offenders but I had to give that up because it didn't fit with my working pattern. So hopefully once I start this voluntary job I'll start going places with my degree and I'll get some experience so that someone will actually want to employ me lol.
I love music, and I'm part of my local orchestra. I play french horn, though at one time I played 4 different instruments. I started playing tenor horn (alto horn) at school, and to be honest I'm much better on that than I am french horn, but I had to give my instrument back to the band once I left (it was loaned from the music service, which is generally for school-age kids) and I never had the money to buy my own. I picked up french horn when I was about 15, and my instrument is loaned from my orchestra, so at the moment that's my only instrument. I'd love to pick up tenor horn again though. I really miss it.
Hmmm what else? I like films, as most people do. And it's really handy working in a cinema, as I get to see free movies :)
As I said in my original post, I have a 3 year old moggy called Whiskey. I've posted photos, she's gorgeous. I adore cats. They have so much personality! My family have had a few, and we also kinda shared next door's cats as they used to come into our house to eat and sleep. My dad also has a cat, a beautiful silver chinchilla called Jemimah (parents are divorced). Each and every cat I've known has had its own personality and mannerisms, which I love. They're just like people, but small and fluffy lol.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Mandy! How does Whiskey react when you play the french horn? If she's anything like my girls, she'd run under the coffee table!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts