Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres no grooming section on this forum. :(

So i have these 2 cats that ive been takeing care of since november and they havent had there shots yet(going to get that done next month).

Ive noticed that they are starting to shed there coats now. So i would like to brush them.

I only have my one slicker brush for my upstairs cats. I was wondering if its safe to use that same brush on the 2 who are in the basement that havent gotten there shots yet. Or should i wait until after the vet visit.

maybe i should just get a brush for them.?

let me know.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Theres no grooming section on this forum. :(

So i have these 2 cats that ive been takeing care of since november and they havent had there shots yet(going to get that done next month).

Ive noticed that they are starting to shed there coats now. So i would like to brush them.

I only have my one slicker brush for my upstairs cats. I was wondering if its safe to use that same brush on the 2 who are in the basement that havent gotten there shots yet. Or should i wait until after the vet visit.

maybe i should just get a brush for them.?

let me know.
thanks
Since you've had them for 3 months with no signs of illness (I assume), I wouldn't be worried about transferring anything via a brush. You can always pull excess hair off of it and wash with soap and hot water if it makes you feel better.

FYI-Not enough grooming conversation to warrant a separate forum for grooming. Cat Chat works for cat topics that don't fit the other specific forums. This could have gone in Health & Nutrition since you were worried about transferring disease. The Lounge for non-cat topics.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI-Not enough grooming conversation to warrant a separate forum for grooming. Cat Chat works for cat topics that don't fit the other specific forums. This could have gone in Health & Nutrition since you were worried about transferring disease. The Lounge for non-cat topics.

I put this question in the off topic section b/c I wasn't sure where to put it.

Thank you for answering my question though. haven't had any issues with the new guys. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you're looking for one that can be easily cleaned, I'd recommend the rubber ones. I have the FurBGone brush and my cats all love it, and it does a good job of really getting the loose fur out without being too rough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts