Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got engaged!!!

I had an orchestra concert yesterday, and not only was my family there, but my boyfriend came and he told me a week or so ago that HIS family was going to come. I thought that was a bit odd, but they had never seen me play before, so I guess it seemed to work :)

But anyways, after the concert, he approached me on stage, and was like "Remember when we were in Florida and I told you that I had a plan?"

And from then, I knew what was happening! I was a bit embarassed because the concert had just let out, and there were lots of people moving about on and off stage, but he was telling me to sit, so I went kinda off to the side of the stage and sat, and he did the whole on-one-knee thing and was talking about how it was our 4 year dating anniversary the day before, but how it was the anniversary of our first kiss... etc. etc I don't really have a solid memory of exactly what happened. But I distinctly remember saying yes!

It was very exciting, and I can't believe it has finally happened :)

See, there is hope the rest of you that are waiting as patiently (or impatiently!) as I had been.

YAY! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats! All my friends have a bet running that my boyfriend will propose in England when we go at Christmas....I have a funny feeling they are very right! Isn't it EXCITING???????

·
Registered
562 Posts
Congrats! If I may offer a little advice, enjoy being engaged for a little while before you go off the deep end and start planning the wedding! :eek:

So, let's see a pic of the ring!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone :) :)

I'm very happy, and have been very distracted at work today, not to mention showing off the ring :) I have to resist the urge to starte at my hand and look really vain... I have to save that for the comfort of my own home ;)

And i have to be careful that Kiera doesn't try to bite it! My old, MUCH cheaper ring (ha!) was something she liked to put her teeth on and PULL on. No more of THAT, thank you very much :)

Thanks again :) :) Hooray!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
emrldsky said:
Zalensia said:
Congrats

I wish mine would hurry up and do that :roll:
Ditto. Is it bad that I tried on rings??? *pout*
No. My boyfriend and I went to the jewelry store a few months back. I'm one of the ones that are STILL waiting!

Congratulations!!!!! Post pictures of the ring....then we can all stare at it with you :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay I got some pictures :) :) (Forgive the size...)

Here is the ring... exactly what I would have asked for - I love simple, elegant things, and so he got me a beautiful stone, set in white gold. It's not a huge diamond (not that that would matter to me), but he picked out an amazing one, and it catches the light so well! (A photo doesn't do it justice). I ask that you please ignore my short, unpainted violinist nails ;)

Here is my (now fiancee!) in the act.... (See I didn't even get a moment to put my violin away!!):

And here are us smiling at dinner afterwards:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Aw congratulations. You're ring is beautiful. I wish you many long years of happiness to wear it.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The ring is very, very, very pretty! He did a fantastic job!
You both look extremely happy and that's the best thing you could ask for!
Congrats, again!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts