Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the below thread, I have posted numerous pictures of different coat markings, and a few other members have posted their interesting kitties, too.
This is just a pet interest of mine...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54570&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I would like to request photos of everyone else's cats posted in my "agouti" thread. I'd like to see their hairshafts in a parted section of their hair with a close-up showing the hairshaft from the skin to the tips. Ideally, I'd like to see the hair parted through their tabby markings (if they have any) and the between-the-tabby-markings to note differences in the hairshaft markings that agouti causes.

I would like to see:
Solid black kitties. White kitties. Solid gray kitties. The Korats. Gray tabby kitties. Tabby kitties of all shades. Calico tabbies. Calico tortoiseshell kitties. (like Patches or Cali/Charlee) Any dilute (gray/cream) colors. Siamese kitties. Birman (long hair meezer) kitties. Meezer-cross kitties. Red/cream kitties. Any and all hair lengths.
Heck...if you have a kitty and can get them to lay still long enough to part their hair and get a good close-up of it, I'd like to see it!
Will you help me?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Patches and Lucy would love to help...........Pesty, well, if I can get him to sit still long enough, he'll help to. :lol: Will post them as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Is this what you're looking for Heidi?

Pesty: light red/white, with tabby markings.

Patches: Calico (tabico :lol: )

Lucy: Black/White

Lucy also has some white hairs running through her tail. I never really noticed these until like the last month, as she matures.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Yes, YES! Lovely!
Pesty is confirming that the orange hairshafts all start out as white before transitioning to orange. This makes me wonder now if ALL orange cats have the 'smoke' gene (lower part of hairshaft = white) or if it is just a normal variation for that color.
Patches, is the parted photo not of any of her orange hair? NO, I just looked again, and it almost has to be, because I can see the surrounding hair mixed. I was hoping to see a wide variation in her hairshafts...gray/tan/dark for the darker tabby markings and then hairshafts that began as white and transitioned to orange at the ends. Maybe her white/orange hairs are just intermixed too well for me to see?
And Lucy's hair reminds me of my Shadow's hair...a very soft gray at the base and then darker black at the ends. The softer gray is sort of 'dull' and the hairshaft ends are glossy black.

Would you mind if I copy your photos to my agouti thread so I can keep all the information there?
Thanks again for taking the photos! I hope they all didn't mind you combing their hair with the pencil.
h

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both. Wow, for Arianwen's fur!
It begins white (smoke), transitions to one of the palest shades of 'yellow' I've seen, then transitions to a pale gray with darker tips. Beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts