Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday morning I found my outdoor kennel cat "smokey" in rough shape, I could tell at once he was not well, after watching him for a few minutes a emergency vet trip was in order.. the vets confirmed that his urinary system was blocked and immediate treatment was needed.. smokey spent the nights at the vets, the vets just called this morning to let us know he was doing great and we should be able to pick him up later today..

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Good that you were aware of his actions that he was not well, and got him into the vet in time. With outdoor cats, it's not always possible to see this. Hope "Smokey" bounces back in short order.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smokey still has some cloudy urine, so he gets to send another night a the vets,,

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yes thank goodness you caught it so fast! Nice job! He'll be home in no time. :)

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just got the call, he gets to come home this afternoon, they asked if he if there are any canned food flavors he likes better, my wife told them "bird"

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's good that you got him to the vet in time. It happened to one of my cats years ago and he is doing well. I'm not sure what you mean by "outdoor kennel cat" but I hope you are keeping him in a safe place away from other cats. My poor guy cried every time he used the litter box for a few days after I brought him home. I kept him isolated until he felt better. And I mainly feed him moist food and make sure there is always fresh water. I guess bird is moist food but if you are feeding him then moist is better than dry.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smokey is rehabbed feral, he lives in a very large multi room kennel, he is let out into the yard while we are out with him,, he still has his life skills and snatches a bird every so often, I switched his litter boxes to clumping to help track his progress, he used them already fairly normally (good sign)he most likely will be on canned food to help keep up the water intake, he has large water dishes including a heated one for the winter..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Smokey is very lucky that you take such good care of him. Hopefully he won't get blocked again.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
smokey is doing much better this am, I spent about a half hour brushing him out yesterday and he was rolling around purring (seemed to help him forget how mad he was at me) this morning was like a normal morning "hurry hurry, weres my food!!!"..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts