Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sasha and I had been in a constant battle over where she should eat.
Off of her plate just wasn't going to happen so I'd set her up with a towel to eat on. Should be great, right? Not so much. About half of the time if I wasn't watching her eat she would drag her mouse or chick off the towel and onto the carpet. Gross!! Not easy to spot clean either.
I decided to get one of those under the bed storage bins. I feed her without the lid on of course. It gives her plenty of room to eat and even bat it around a bit if she wants. It's super easy to clean up after her now!
It took a couple of days to convince her to eat in there but now we are good to go!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Way to go! Last night Coco brought her 'prey' aka chicken neck into the lounge from the garage reyowling along the way hehe. ICK!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That's awesome... unless the cat is Munch and throws his food so I end up with a piece of liver stuck to the wall 6 ft up! Which has happened twice lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great idea! I'll give it a shot and see if she'll eat in it. Right now I feed her on a mat on the kitchen floor, but 80% of the time she just drags the food off the mat and eats it right on my tile floor. I feed whole prey so she gets blood all over the place, and it's very hard to scrub it off the grout between the tiles.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I used to feed in kennels, that worked great.

TBH I only stopped 'cause I got sick of having the kennels in the kitchen, nothing to do with the kitties not liking it. Someday, when we have more space I'll likely go back to that.

Currently three of mine eat in a room the basement with cement floors, which I can wipe, and the other eats out of a kennel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After the first few days of getting Sasha used to the idea of staying in it too eat she amazed me. Most of the time now she even leaves the prey right on the plate! That never ever happened before I started this. YEA! Even less clean up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts