Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just joined a few days ago and thought I'd introduce myself a little more. My name is Heather, I am 18 years old and have my own apartment shared with my boyfriend who is 19. We've been together 1.5 years and have come a long way in that short amount of time. We recently bought a 2010 Chevy Cobalt that I just love! Right now we do not have the most flattering or amazing jobs to talk about, but we are working with what we have. I work at mcdonalds full time and he works at Hatfield Quality Meats full time, mcdonalds part time. We are both currently searching for something we both enjoy. We have 3 ferrets, 2 budgies, two 29 gallon fishtanks (one is filled with a tropical community, other has a few cichlids), and now we have 2 kittens, as well as four other kittens we are looking to adopt out to a good home. I am a HUGE animal lover, always have been. In the past I've owned dogs, cats, goats, rabbits, mice, turtles, fish, and quite a few insects and snails. I have always had a passion for the outdoors and love to hike through the woods, walk through creeks, go fishing, and help any animal in need around me. I also love the usual like music, reading, used to write, camping, traveling, singing, and warm weather! Also, as well as other members on here, I enjoy photography, but do not have the best camera to do that with. It's something I always loved though. I don't have a very interesting life, but I figured I'd introduce myself a little more :)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Welcome! lots of cat fans (and other animals) here.

I'm a little curious about your ferrets and your birds. Isn't that their natural prey? Course if your birds are big feisty parrots they likely boss the ferrets around?

Oh, just reread, and see you have budgies (which can be feisty as well, I had 2 long time ago). How do they get along with the ferrets? Do you have to keep them caged all the time or can they be let out when the ferrets are out?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :) Both the ferrets and the birds are caged. The birds are little budgerigars on a shelf higher than what the ferrets can reach. I would never let them out at the same time. And everytime the ferrets are out, the only thing they are interested in is going downstairs and playing in a plastic bag or with each other haha. The ferrets never seem tempted to bother the birds and the birds don't really seem to mind the ferrets. I am always there supervising all the animals either way. It's kind of the same as having cats around pet birds or fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts