Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all my life i have been a dog person. i lived in the suburbs with plenty of property so having dogs was no problem till i moved into manhattan. I left my 2 Pit/mix dogs back at my mothers place and have been living petless for nearly 2 years now :( One day i talked to an old cat woman on the train and she kept going on and on about how cats are so perfect for apartments, but i still held off due to being a young and drunk bachelor.

Fianlly iv gotten to a point where its possible for me to have a pet because i just got married last month and it turns out my wife is a FANTASTIC cleaner. I found a 3 year old lazyish cat up for adoption and decided to fill the application... So here i am earlyer tonight tending bar asking everyone for pointers on cats in aparments getting very helpfull info but i figured id hit up a forum when i got home.

So who has some pointers for me? i really want a legit covered litter box thats small enough not to look obnoxious and some of the best litter around.

help me pleaseeee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mitts & Tess said:
Welcome! As far as litter Worlds Best is a great litter.

Have you adopted the kitty yet? If so we love pictures, you can never post too many here.
If you havent brought her home yet here is a good article to help you prepare.
You might want to bookmark the sight. Its a great resource.

http://littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library&act=show&item=basecamphowtoprepareforyournewcat

thanks for the info, and no i have not brought him home yet. he looks just like a blue british short hair.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
You can get a cat now because you went from being a drunk to marrying a woman who can keep the house clean? 8O

What a lucky, lucky woman. :D

j/k

This is one of my litterboxes. Of course, I got mine off Craigslist, because I wouldn't have paid this much. Maybe you can find one on eBay.

http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemT ... emID=11118

·
Banned
146 Posts
Hello, and welcome to your newly acquainted cat life!

I too was a dog person, still am, but currently, I don't have a place for a dog in my life. Luckily, I found a cat who thinks and acts like a dog instead lol.

Google, is a never ending, unlimited pool of information. I highly recommend it for any cat question you might possibly have. And for everything else, we will be thrilled to assist you.

As for the smell of the littler box, which, I assume, is why you are intent on a cover, and "the best litter around."

I find that the litter box never really smells bad if you keep it clean by scooping everyday to every other day. This can be the job of your fantastic cleaning wife. :mrgreen:

I use just a regular clumping litter and I keep the litter box in the bathroom (inside a cabinet under the sink, door removed). If my cat drops a particularly potent "biscuit," I can just blame it on my guy. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
This is Cleo on my wash room. It doesn't take up a lot of room, actually barely more than a covered cat box, just taller.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
marie73 said:
You can get a cat now because you went from being a drunk to marrying a woman who can keep the house clean? 8O What a lucky, lucky woman. :D
Took the words right out of my mouth, Marie!! :lol:

I do everything to take care of Murphy, I must say. This would be a breeding ground for resentment in a couple if it weren't for the fact that my husband does a LOT around the house, including spending hours outside yesterday digging out my car from the 28" of snow we got. So word to the wise . . . help take care of that kitty. Congrats, by the way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts