Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an abyssinian kitten and she's got the most WONDERFUL coloring and markings, I just wonder if it's going to go away when she gets older...

Does anyone know or can anyone give an educated guess?

This is what she looks like now. I'm curious as to if she'll lose those marks that make her look like a little lion....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know a single thing about Abyssinians, other than what I saw on an Animal Planet special, so I won't be of any help to you. But she is CUTE!!

Lol, send her to me and I'll tell ya what her coat looks like in a couple of months. :wink

·
Registered
56 Posts
It will change slightly as she gets her adult fur, but for the most part, the color/pattern will stay the same :)

She's a red Abyssinian...a lovely one at that. Here are a few adult red Aby's to give you an idea of the range she might mature to.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was under the impression she was a usual or ruddy. Thanks for the pictures! I hope she stays the darker red. So will she lose the black on her head and back? Those pics you showed don't look like they have the black down their backs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, I never really thought about breed until I got Alice. She's so pretty and I love her markings. Now I'm catching myself wanting a blue. XD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love her. Every time I pick her up after she's been in her room, or after she's been asleep, she will run towards me and purr for about 10 minutes. It's precious. ^_^

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I am no expert here by any means, but I got my Balinese in October for $700. I see Abyssinian kittens advertised for about $750, which is what I would've guessed. This is from 2 different breeders, but both have good affiliations and show cats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts