Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My office help!

My journey in TNR, rescue, fostering kittens and cats have been trial and error. I learn as I go.

Ace came to me at 12 weeks old, with health issues. He now has been with me for over 3 years. He is very shy but LOVES other cats. He is huge. I call him "big love". I've learned never to push Ace too far beyond his limits.

One day two senior citizens came by my home to see Ace. The older lady had been "talked into" adopting a black cat. I wasn't comfortable about this person adopting Ace. I had a feeling when she saw how big he was and long haired and she would have second thoughts. Otherwise I was ready to tell her it wasn't a good match.

Ace had run under the bed when the door bell rung. I crawled under the bed to get him. The next is like slow motion in my mind. I carried Ace in my arms to the edge of the living room where the ladies were seated on my couch. Ace looked up into my face and eyes. Looked over at the older ladies on the couch. Let out his tiny panic meow-squeak. Then proceeded to peed down the front of me in fright.Needless to say I will never make him meet anyone on my terms again.

The older lady ended up adopting a black short haired cat our group was fostering. The kitty had been thrown from a car on the interstate. Our TNR group rescued him.

· Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Awwww, makes me want to drive over and pick him up! He doesn't look big in that box, how much does he weigh?

· Registered
6,944 Posts
Wow, that second picture is a stunner! Frame that baby!

Ace is a lucky boy that you're attuned enough to his feelings that you wouldn't adopt him to someone who didn't feel right. Poor thing, he was trying to tell you something by peeing on you.

· Premium Member
780 Posts
wasn't the big threat in life, "you better be carefull or it will end up in your permanite file" looks like he has..

· Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive made it a strict rule with myself to never keep a foster. Otherwise Id end up like my rescue friends. One has 13 and another has 8.

I have to say there have been 5 I was tempted to keep but they all went to great homes. One, Tank, a tailess kitten who moved like a sherman tank is so beloved in his now forever home. They had his picture put on postage stamps for their Christmas cards! I would of kept the 2 blind cats I rescued if no one had come forward. But they are in great homes too. Their sister, who Im fostering, is still waiting for her home. She had surgery on her eyes and has 100% vision now. My sister might keep her since she is down to 1/2 a cat. I own the other half of the cat she has. A feLv tnr cat that worked his way indoors to her house. I said Id pay for all his vet care, since he is indoor/outdoor cat and has been injured in the past by being out of doors.

Say prayers Ace finds a good home please. Hes a gem.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I agree. In the 19 years I have fostered on and off as needed. I never kept any till last year. Sometimes you have to make that one exception. The right cat finds you one way or another. After 3 years it would take a very special person to pry a special cat out of my grubby little fingers.

· Banned
1,204 Posts
I agree he looks like a failed fostering, sometimes they want to be your cat not someone else.
I've learned the hard way most cats are a better judge of character then I am.
Anyone who becomes part of my life is going to have to pass the cat test first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.