Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I had raw cat food in the fridge that was approx 3 days old so I decided to cook it before feeding, just to be on the safe side...(I have two 10 week old kittens who were just dewormed, neutered, shots, etc yesterday, didn't want to push their tummies with 3 day old meat bacteria) As started cooking it, I noticed what looked like worms in the pan so I pulled a few out and poked around at them with a fork- I am pretty sure these are round worms!! There were more that I didn't pull out so I am going to assume the whole meat batch was very wormy!

I made this batch 10 days ago and fed some to them the day I made it- froze the rest. coincidentally, my two kittens were just given Revolution at the vet yesterday (treats external and internal parasites) along with their their neuter and vaccines, but I am worried that I may have just infected my other cat with worms... Ack!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called around to my meat sources and all their meats arrive frozen so I guess I have nothing to worry about... phew!

·
Banned
693 Posts
I thought round worms were round, thin and wiry looking....that pic is hard to see on my computer with much clarity, but it doesn't look like roundworm from this vantage point.
Scary to think that is in the meat, no matter what it is. I eat raw beef...ack.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I once picked up some Sole (fish) for dinner and as I was prepping it, I saw the little wiggly worms (nematodes?) in it!!
EEWWWW! :eek:
No Sushi for me ever! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Tapeworms are kind of segmented (they look like a bunch of little grains of rice strung together), and they are white. Here's a good pic:
Redirect Notice

This looks like a roundworm to me (hard to tell in the pic). They look almost like an earthworm (except they're kind of yellow). Here's a pic of a roundworm:
Redirect Notice

Are your other cats on revolution? If not, I'd probably give them a dose. Roundworms can multiple very quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts