Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little female is acting really weird tonight. She will not let me pet her and looks sad. she is eating fine and drinking fine. Just will not let me pet her. I did yell at her brother but thar a whole new story. We do have a female indoor cat that is in heat. That is the only thing I can think of. Any help. Thanks. Btw she qas fine this morning and when. Gt hme too

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think sometimes animals just go through those stages. Just like humans, we don't always want people around us, we don't always want a hug when we are feeling sad. I would keep an eye on her. If it was a one time incident, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. If you see she's starting to do it regularly and her EDPP (eating, drinking, peeing, pooping) changes, I would talk to your vet. Because they are our pets, we can usually pick up on when something is wrong, even if we don't know what it is. For now, just keep an eye on her and give her lovins when she is ready for them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It sounds like she's just in a mood. Cats can be pretty susceptible to stress in the household even if they aren't directly affected.

At the moment, it doesn't sound to me like it's anything to worry about. If she stops eating, drinking, or her litterbox habits change (less or more,) I would call your vet, but for now I'd just keep an eye on her.

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
Yes, I agree she's just reacting to the stress and extra active hormones in the house. The yowling for love is probably just grating on her nerves. Try some of those stress relieving plug in things like Fel-I-Way. also, she may be in mild pain that is not affecting her appetite so don't rule that out, too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is doing better
Begged for eggs this morning. Wants to be a lap cat today. Thanks gor the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts