Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching everywhere, and simply cannot find any defined nutritional content on bone. I looked through old forums, on nutritional websites, and still have come up dry.

The reason I’m looking for this is because I’m working on creating a program, where you would be able to enter in what you are planning on feeding your cat for however many days, and it will give you a daily nutrition label, compared to AAFCO’s recommendations. I’ve already found almost all of the meat information I need from the USDA’s website, but they have nothing on bone.

There are a few reasons behind this, (one being my need to know exactly what I’m giving my kitty! I’m not good with the whole ‘it evens out over time’ bit. I stress too much:fust ). I also want to be able to give this to other people looking to feed their cats raw, but aren’t sure where to start or how much to feed. It will also be a good argument that feeding raw does really preserve the amino acids and nutrients that cats need to thrive.

So, moral of story again, help with bones?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts