Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evny has always played fetch, but lately she's gotten much more demanding about it. She brings me her throw toy, a leopard printed ball with a poof of feathers attached to one side and then bats it around my feet til I notice. If I don't notice soon enough she starts attacking my legs so I look down. I throw it, she fetches it, and this goes on for a looong time, but after a while she stops bringing it back and just attacks my legs. If I look at her and say "You have to bring it back to me", she goes off looking for it but usually comes back empty handed again even though she went right to it and sniffed it and the leg-attacking continues.

Does this mean she wants to play with somthing else?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think she's training you to fetch by attacking your feet. Seriously, I know how this is--Xander sits next to his string and yowls at the top of his lungs. We've started ignoring him when he does it, and only play string when he's being quiet. I would consider a water squirt or something when Envy attacks your legs...or at least, not to reward her by playing! :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put her outside the room and close the door when she attacks my legs, she HATES not being near us and yowls sooo loud about it hehe. You'd think she would learn but she hasn't. I give her one warning then if she does it again out she goes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
LOL, I know what you mean about them just not getting it. We've been ignoring Xander's yowling for a while, but he's still doing it. I think the frequency might be going down a little finally, though.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I don't think we're allowed to get tired of playing. Of course, when we're sleeping and wake up to a cat lying on top of us, we're not allowed to get up, either. We just can't get things straight! The next thing you know we'll be put in time out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts