Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only just found out that wetting dry food can make them sick and he ate it some 11 hours later. I wet with some warm water and drained as I thought it would be too hard for his kitten teeth. Will he be OK? Very worried mum here :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
I soak my cats kibble overnight in the fridge. I've fed raw since they were babies as well. I've never had any issues. Is he showing any symptoms?
If he's not been with you for at 3weeks, he'll still be showing some stress signs related to the new environment.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you- no symptoms yet. He had an accident on couch but the poo seemed solid and I think it was more anxiety as we only got him last night. Would he die if he contracted salmonella?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Thank you- no symptoms yet. He had an accident on couch but the poo seemed solid and I think it was more anxiety as we only got him last night. Would he die if he contracted salmonella?
He would only stand a chance of contracting salmonella if he were already unhealthy. Cats are obligate carnivores. Their systems haven't really changed since their wildcat ancestors. Some breeds have digestion issues because of the inbreeding used to create them, but that doesn't change how they process meat, just commercial diets. He's designed to expell harmful bacteria from his body as long as he got proper nursing from mom and wasn't taken too early. I really wouldn't worry about it. Fussing over him too much will make him anxious. Just play and let him have naps and dont give him too much of the house at once. Kittens are curious and will get themselved into trouble.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
26,738 Posts
If you wet down dry food, he should eat it immediately. It starts to form bacteria right away.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top