Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. I decided to babygate the stairs that go to the yard and let Addison out on the back deck. Its high up (about 10 feet) so I really really hope the temptation to jump won't get the better of him... and after a few freaked out moments standing at the door wanting to go back in, he really seemed to like being out there.

And this is the first time I've had a decent opportunity to take some pretty pictures with my new camera!!

He did about 4 laps around before he did what he does best - found a cozy spot to plop down. Enjoy!

feeling the place out a bit

ooooooh, loving the chair!

*this is my favorite*

eh, this spot is ok, but not quite right

ahhh, much better

almost there...

yep, this is the life!

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
Nice photo story -- good work!! Addison has such wonderful, beautiful, soulful eyes -- I don't know how you could ever say "no" to him. :lol:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heidi n Q said:
Addison. He. Him.
Is Addison a male calico?

Love the pics, especially the beautiful green eyes!
no... but its a looooong story. summary - was told by several people (both at the shelther that "neutered" him and three times at the vet's office) that it was in fact a male... I knew nothing of cats at this point so I knew him and loved him as a male for probably two years. First visit to my vet (after I started working there) was a sad reality. I tried for a while to go with the "she" thing and it just didn't work. So he's still my little boy as far as I'm concerned :)

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
What a beautiful cat - great pictures! :luv

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
SB, Addison's story had me laugh out loud! That really is CUTE!

When I was a 10 yr old kid, we moved into our just completed house in the country on Christmas Eve. Friends of our folks' gave us (sis and I) two kittens as housewarming gifts. Oscar and Eon. Well, Oscar turned out to be a Tootsie when she got pregnant and gave us kittens!
However, we were successful in changing him to a her... :wink:

<still chuckling> :lol:

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
OsnobunnieO said:
Heidi n Q said:
Addison. He. Him.
Is Addison a male calico?
no... but its a looooong story.
Ack.....now that my memory has been roughly jogged, I vaguely remember this from some time long ago. Sorry about that. :oops:

Jessie - do you always call "him" Addison? Or is it sometimes Addie? Or am I thinking of another cat?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, just Addison (although my mother has taken to calling him "Mittens" because... well she's odd)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its official - we must have our outsite deck time on a daily basis :roll:

took him out for a while yesterday. he did the rounds and plopped down. came home from work today and my mom had been outside with Brody doing yardwork, and Addison was crying at the back door to go out.

today, I had Brody in the backyard doing some jumping practice for agility (she did great for the first time at home!!) and had mom sit on the deck with Addison for a while.

Then, when it was time to go in... he was laying under the chair. I stood up, opened the door and called him in. He had the nerve to pick his head up, look at me... then roll over and plop back down with a very audible huff. I took that as "um... I'm not ready... try me again in an hour" :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts