Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I'd love to wrap the same rubber band around a dangling appendage (yes, that one) of his and leave it there for a good long while and see how HE likes it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the local news to find the latest update on the sinkhole on the road between work and home and there's a puppy update.

Temperment test my butt. Look at the look on that dogs face. What a sweat little girl.

"ST. PETERSBURG - Nikki, the 3-month-old boxer and pit bull mix whose ears were cropped with rubber bands, had to have those ears surgically removed, according to Megan Trethewey, a spokeswoman for SPCA Tampa Bay. She has been given medication for pain and to stave off infection"

The puppy is expected to undergo a temperament test and, if she passes, is expected to be put up for adoption, Trethewey said. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Tampa Bay has received numerous calls from people hoping to adopt her, the spokeswoman said"

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
This makes me so angry.

The dogs I posted about a while ago with their ears cut off have been adopted by two different families. They've met and will keep in touch so the pups (siblings) can have play dates together.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
this is why I dont own a gun. That jerk wouldnt be breathing and taking up space on this planet.

It worries me that they are going to do temperment testing already. Plus in my opinion they are not good indicators. To many dogs and cats have been euthanized because of that "testing".

Let see... if a human had gone thru something like this and then the doctors "temperment" test him right afterwards. I wouldnt think anyone would be who they really are so soon after something so devestating happen to them.

He looks like a sweet boy. I hope one of the smaller rescues could take him and work with him to restore his faith in humans & get him a great home.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I have a hunch that isn't what the shelter meant by 'temperament' test.

When we have a litter of puppies we do 'temperament' testing on them to best help place pups with correct owners. I think this might be what the shelter meant and the reporter misunderstood. I'm HOPING that's the case because age/circumstance wouldn't give an accurate temperament test on this guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts