Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be leaving our Emily for a week at our local boarding kennel. She has been there before but not for a whole week. When we bring her home will she be able to remember where the litter box is?

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Oh, yes. She'll be fine. It may take awhile for her to come out of her shell. If you find she hides just you bring her home, you may want to put food, kitty litter and water in the room she is hiding in just as a back up until she settles back down. I would expect a week of re-settling.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't know if this is feasible in your situation but Leelu is a lot happier if I get someone to come by once it twice a day and feed her. I found it to be cheaper and I think if she's at home she's much less stressed than at a kennel, even if she's alone all day.

Having said that I'm sure she'll be ok at the kennel, but it may take a bit of time to have her be comfortable again at home. Though my previous cat was boarded several times and she was just fine. Depends in the cat too I think.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've moved my cats' litter boxes to other places in the house when I had people staying with me (didn't want it in the guest bathroom, etc.) and they found it immediately without me having to show them. They can sniff it out (even if it's clean!). I don't think she'll have a problem!

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We don't have anyone who could cat sit so the kennel is the next best thing. They do take good care of her there, so we know she is safe and watched over.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know why it would be a problem, her remembering and/or finding her box upon return. But then I just set Isa in hers the day I brought her home from the shelter and have never had one problem after. She has had a couple multi-day, overnight, vet visits (deformed claws) since and has never had a problem remembering when she is home. She is a neat freak though (won't eat food off the floor and meows at food that has fallen out of her bowl until I pick it up) so I would imagine that the thought of an accident freaks her out. :)

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
. She is a neat freak though (won't eat food off the floor and meows at food that has fallen out of her bowl until I pick it up) so I would imagine that the thought of an accident freaks her out. :)
Oh, I WISH!! My cats are little piggies and my kitchen floor is always a mess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts