Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I adopted my first ever cat about two weeks ago! She is spayed & ~8 year-old Siamese mix and EVERY single day she urinates and defecates on my bed. I have looked up and tried every thing from Google and my vets recommendation and nothing is working. I tried changing her litter and litter box, but she uses it fine when I’m in the room. I tried putting aluminum foil & lemon essential oil mix on my bed to try to deter her, doesn’t work. My vet recommended buying Feliway Classic pheromone diffuser, isn’t working. At this point, I keep a tarp on my bed and just to easily wipe it up, but it’s getting really old and tiresome getting home from work every night to clean up pee and poop all over my bed... Please help!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Rather than a tarp, I would keep a large plastic sheet on the bed, and have it weighted down so it doesn't easily slip off---it's easier to wash than a tarp. . How many litter boxes do you have? Has she done this since you first adopted her? Maybe this was the reason she was up for adoption? If she's the only cat in your home, I would have one litter box on main floor and have one upstairs, have one for each floor. Try some Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter. I've had success with this when one of my girls decided to pee outside her litter boxes, and the this litter got her interested in using her boxes again. I was able to ease off the litter by just sprinkling a little on the top, and eventually didn't have to use it. Hope some of these suggestions are helpful. Give us an update. All the best!

Reactions: Jenna733

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one litter box and I live in a one story apartment. I will definitely invest in another cheap box though if you think it’ll help! She has done this every day since I got her (which was about 2 weeks ago). My mom is super frustrated and wants me to return her, but I obviously know this is not normal cat behavior so it’s just finding what it is that’s causing it. I’ll definitely try out that litter. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts