Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a 6yo female who has no teeth..pete my 18yo male has always ate kibble type food (orijen) and thrives on it but I want to feed pepper wet food and would like suggestion on some quality brands? thx

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
A couple of things you can do is just add a little boiled water to the Orijen kibble so it is soft enough for your girl to eat. Freeze dried cat food is another option as well, as you have to reconstitute it with warm water, but it is usually more expren$ive than than the kibble. Thank you for adopting this toothless girl.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
I'd added hot tap water to the kibble but the boiling water really works better..btw, she still enjoys the hard dry red orijen but without teeth she must just gulp it down?

MUCHO thx! :smile2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
She might like a little yogurt once in a while. It has to be unsweetened and unflavored. (No vanilla flavoring.) It provides some protein and the probiotics are a plus, too. It's easy to make your own if you don't want the store bought stuff. Give her just a little at first to be sure she doesn't have a problem digesting it.

And how about a scrambled egg now and then? Some cats love it; some don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts