Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adopted this little guy on thursday. His brother had snowshoe markings and the blue eyes. He is white with cream ears and a cream striped tail. Do you think his markings will change later or do you think he will stay mostly white? He also has the really light blue eyes, so he looks almost albino in all his pics cause the flash. I'm going to try and get better ones when I can get some natural sunlight in the house. It's been so gloomy outside the last few days. Anyways here is the pics, he doesn't have a name yet so any suggestions would be appreciated:

·
Registered
5 Posts
She's so adorable! She looks like a little toasted marshmallow, actually. xD Maybe Marshmallow? Or just Mallow?

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
He's a beautiful little colorpoint! Because he is red-based, he will probably always be light in color, even his eyes. You described him as cream, but in most of the pics his markings look darker orange. ....but I know my camera will make my cream cat look orange.... If he is a cream, he'll stay pale. If he is a fully dense red he may darken up a bit as he matures.
I do not have extensive experience with the colorpoint kitties so maybe someone who does have the experience will have a better answer for you.
heidi =^..^=

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not good with correct colors. Now that you mention it his tail and ears do appear more orange in color than cream though. Whatever color he ends up being is fine with me... I was just curious more than anything :)

I feel bad cause I'm keeping him in a separate room for at least a week in case he were to have ringworm or anything. I adopted him from the humane society and they did find one flea on him, but they treated him, and I haven't found any more. I'm taking him for a vet checkup next week so he can be looked over but he appears to be healthy.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Look at that face! :luv

I have a friend with a cat named Julius, but she calls him JuJu.

What do Sookie and Jaxon think of him?

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
What a beautiful kitten! Congratulations on your new addition.

I wouldnt keep him separate. Ringworm can show up even a month later. I would maybe give him a ringworm bath and hope for the best. Use Malaseb Shampo. Vets sell it and you can find it on line. I personally hate lime dips. I think they are toxic.

Do they know who the mother was? Siamese? If so his points will darken.

I love the name Sookie. I just named one of my rescues that! I love the Sookie Stackhouse series! Sookie was a girl though!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
He's so cute! I got a kitten a month ago with similar cream markings & his (Simone) have darkened to an orangey color. Simone has point coloring on his ears, face & tail though- from the pictures it looks like yours does not have the face coloring? Simone's overall fur color is somewhere between a white & cream. They remind me of orange creamsickles :)

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
He is very cute! He looks like I imagine my Ray probably looked when he was a kitten. Ray is a flame point and has orange ears, tail and nose and cream color on the rest of him. He looks like he loves to play!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is the coolest markings!!! I LOVE IT!! what a CUTIE!!! I love the name Julius!! that is cute JU JU :) Or you could do blaze for the orange fire points or Titus means fire. or LOKI if he is mischievious that is god of mischief or something like that.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
I feel bad cause I'm keeping him in a separate room for at least a week in case he were to have ringworm or anything. I adopted him from the humane society and they did find one flea on him, but they treated him, and I haven't found any more. I'm taking him for a vet checkup next week so he can be looked over but he appears to be healthy.
Sarah I just noticed your from Arizona. I swear its the ringworm capital of the world. Were in the Tucson area and the soil is riddled with it. But its not a biggie! Easy to treat and not life threatening like some illnesses cats can get. Fingers crossed for you both!:smile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sarah I just noticed your from Arizona. I swear its the ringworm capital of the world. Were in the Tucson area and the soil is riddled with it. But its not a biggie! Easy to treat and not life threatening like some illnesses cats can get. Fingers crossed for you both!:smile:
Yea, the only reason I am so worried is last time I adopted a cat it ended up having ringworm, and all my other pets had caught it already before I realized it. My dog has a weak immune system and whenever he gets sick he has trouble fighting things off. Every time a spot went away in one area it showed up in another. My cat Jaxon also got it and with his long fur it was a nightmare. I had it in my house for about 4 months and it was very stressful. I have 2 dogs, a cat and a ferret and I just can't risk them all catching something from a stray again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look at that face! :luv

I have a friend with a cat named Julius, but she calls him JuJu.

What do Sookie and Jaxon think of him?
Unfortunately I returned Sookie back to the rescue because Jaxon was terrorizing her. They were a no kill rescue that foster the cats in their homes. I felt awful doing it but I felt more awful that she was being attacked daily by my big mean kitty. I heard many animals get along better as male/female pairs, but Jaxon seems to like the new little guy even though he is male. I am crossing my fingers that it works out. This time I will just have to make due though as I would never return a cat to the humane society where they will most likely be put down. Also Jaxon used to suffer really bad anxiety and he would attack himself when he got angry. He is now doing a lot better and I'm hoping him and the new cat will get along okay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts