Cat Forum banner

Adopting is a tough decision

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Straysmommy 
From my experience, if you have the possibility to choose a cat according to chances of getting along with Banjo, that's the best. You'll probably be able to find a cat in great need that also has a higher probability of compatibility with Banjo.

I just adopted the 3 cats I felt were most desperate for a home, no consideration given to affinity likelihood, and of course the 4 of us are paying a price. I don't regret it, though, because I still thank God each night when these specific 3 cats are lying next to me in bed instead of roaming the streets. I'd known them for a long time before I had the nerve to adopt them - 2 of them actually made the decision for me. :)

I wish i had my own house so i could foster, and have more than 2 :)
I share the feeling, I have 3 and I'm hiding 2 of them from the landlord. When he came to inspect the apt a couple weeks ago, I took 2 of the cats to the streets for 9 hours (since early dawn till he left) and I think it took a few years from my life. I spent most of the time cleaning the apt. over and over and crying. I had to take them outside early dawn because I'm hiding them from the neighbors too. I just like the apt., so I'm fighting to stay. Worst-case scenario, if he finds out, we the von Meow royal family will proudly leave to where we're less rejected.

Good for you shan! Do tell us all when you have news!

Maggie, I live in a tiny country where places to live are extremely scarce, so you breathe wrong and the landlord sends you packing, since they always have long lines of people begging them for the apt. and willing to pay higher rent than you. This is why, even though my cats don't do any harm to his apt., I can't even try to ask him for permission for 3 cats. He chose me among tens and tens of potential tenants, and one of the reasons was I didn't have pets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.