Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the news last night that cat adoption was at an all-time low, at least in MN. They said that the humane society was going to have to start euthanising healthy cats. :cry:

I was so sad, I wanted to run right over and adopt a cat (from a no-kill shelter of course). But I've been waiting for all of Kitty's hair to grow back. She still has one little bald patch. I'll just have to go home and give Kitty a lecture on the benefits of hair growth to encourage her to hurry it up already.

On the news they were encouraging people to adopt cats, which was good. Maybe there will be a pick-up in adoptions.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I go to petfinder.com a lot and have them send me new pets in various searches. I'm not planning on adopted (if I do, I get kicked out of mom's house...) any time soon, but I like to see the new pets. I just got my latest ones a few minutes ago. 12 new Great Danes, 2 new Mastiffs, 4 new Bulldogs, and 154 new cats.... since YESTERDAY!

Its amazing how many cats end up in shelters for seemingly no good reason. I'm not sure if our humane society offers it, but I remember hearing about states offering free spay/neuter clinics at humane societies. I think every state should have that.

I almost think that vets should keep an eye on their patients. If someone comes in for a regular visit with their pet that isn't planned for breeding but is still intact, they should highly recommend getting them fixed. I wonder if it'd work...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts