Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, and desperately need some advice! i have been a cat owner for 16 yrs to 2 beautiful Blue Persians. very recently one has died and the other is completely heartbroken and lost . what do i do? do i replace his brother with a new kitten or do i just leave it and hope he will be ok?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I havent gone through this personally... im very sorry for your loss.

Getting a kitten may not be the best option- him being an older cat and all- but then again it completely depends on his personality. I do know that any cat you cant wont really be seen as a replacement... i have 2 cats who are also brothers. We also got a kitten not too long ago. The brothers' interaction together is way different than their interaction with other cats. Is he a playful cat? Friendly? He may enjoy the company so he has a distraction so as to not feel so lonely... but i think itll still take him some time to grieve... i think you should shower him with more love and care and make sure he knows he isnt alone. See if he starts doing better... if not then toy with the idea of introducing a new cat? Dont take my word fully on it... its what i would do if i lost one of mine. Throwing another cat his way when he is still mourning may be too much for him

1 - 2 of 2 Posts