Cat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If he says yes, I'll get her a cat recovery onesie, so she won't lick her incision site. Can anyone recommend one?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you! That's good. Did you spay one of your cats?
Although Pants came neutered, I have not yet been able to spay them. However, I’m making this assumption because we have gotten our dogs and bunnies neutered (I know cats are different animals, but I think that they would use the same concept for cats as they would bunnies and dogs). I also know people who have gotten cats spayed :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've never neutered or spayed any animal before. Yes, they do the same thing for dogs and bunnies. I've had multiple rabbits over the years. What breeds of rabbits do you have? I've had a Holland lop, and a Netherland dwarf, and the others I don't know what breeds they were. Thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After 24 hours of "thinking," my dad said no. So, I'll have to go to plan B, which is get my dad to build her a good sized cat condo/house for her to stay in when in heat. What size would be sufficient? I'll let her out for a few minutes in the daytime, but keep her in there at night. It'll be big enough for her to roam around. I'm thinking about putting a cat hammock in it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had multiple rabbits over the years. What breeds of rabbits do you have? I've had a Holland lop, and a Netherland dwarf, and the others I don't know what breeds they were. Thanks.
Awesome! I absolutely love lops! We initially were told that they are Netherlandish dwarves, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t. Not sure of their exact breed, though 🤷🏻‍♀️
After 24 hours of "thinking," my dad said no. So, I'll have to go to plan B, which is get my dad to build her a good sized cat condo/house for her to stay in when in heat. What size would be sufficient? I'll let her out for a few minutes in the daytime, but keep her in there at night. It'll be big enough for her to roam around. I'm thinking about putting a cat hammock in it.
Aw, bummer. Hm, I’m not sure what size would be sufficient... So sorry if you’ve mentioned this already (I’m a bit tired), but is she playful? I’d imagine if she is on the lazier side than it could be a bit smaller than if it were bigger. Cat hammock sounds like a great idea!
Thank you all for your love and support!
Of course!!! We are all here for you. You’ve given me great advice and I’m happy to do anything I can to help 💛

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you! No, I haven't mentioned this before. She's a bit of both. She's playful yet a bit lazy. She likes to play with rocks, leaves, and chase butterflies. She isn't really one to run around though.

Thank you so much! This means so much to me! Thank you again!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anytime!!! It is very encouraging for me to see somebody in a similar situation. My pleasure 😊
It's also encouraging to me to see that someone is in a similar situation. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you! I've tried to inform him of all these benefits, but it's not working. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Is there a possibility that you can raise the money needed for the procedure?

Reactions: Raq

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you for replying. I have the money. My dad is going to build me an safe fairly big pen to keep her in when she's in heat. She'll also be safe from the feral cats in the area. Since they're outdoor cats, I can't keep her in one room, and the boys in another.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Are you going to keep her in the cage her entire life in order keep her from getting pregnant instead of getting her spayed?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No, not a cage! Now, that would be cruel. It's going to be a pen type thing. It'll be 8x5, so it'll be fairly big. She won't be in there her entire life.

·
Premium Member
8,686 Posts
WOW! So sorry you're going through this...sorry for your female kitty too, this is not a good situation...
Do you have any animal shelters near you? Most of them offer very low cost, spay and neuters, because they want to help the over population of cats...
Tell them they need to be TNR'd...
Trapped, Neutered, and released back, where they came from...
Every male, that is not fixed, every female, not fixed, is just adding to a very sad situation...wish your Dad understood...
I'm so sorry...HUGS❤🐾🐾

Reactions: Raq and Kitty827

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you so much! Thank you for your sympathy. It is a bad situation, but I am going to do everything in my power to insure that she won't get pregnant. Yes, we do have animal shelters near us, but I don't think they offer low cost spay and neuter, I'll look into it though. Is TNR only for strays and ferals? My dad just isn't a cat lover, so he doesn't understand, he isn't mean or anything. Gosh, I wish he did too. They stopped mounting her several days ago, so she's fine now, but she'll just come into heat again. Thanks again!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts